What keeps you up at night? Managing the growth of your company is challenging to say the least. To assist you through the process, the SBTDC has a wide range of products and services designed to maximize the success of your company.
- Wondering where to find new market opportunities for your product or service?
- Need to better manage costs and pricing?
- Looking for an objective business “coach”?
Our confidential one-on-one business counseling has helped 96,000 business owners over the past 24 years. Click on the type of business counseling you are interested in to learn how we can help you succeed.
- Business & Management Advice
- Government Procurement Counseling
- Technology Development and Commercialization Counseling
- Boating Industries Counseling
- To request a meeting with one of our business counselors, please complete our Online Request for Counseling form. Or you can call the SBTDC office closest to you.
- Have a strategic plan that’s just sitting on the shelf?
- Want your employees to understand your business better?
- Need to energize your management team and get everyone headed in the right direction?
The SBTDC's Strategy and Organization Development team has carefully researched and customized educational products to fit the increasingly complex needs of today's small to medium-sized companies. Our educational programs focus on change management, strategic positioning, and leadership development. Among these are:
Strategic Needs Assessment – This assessment helps owners and managers identify priorities and action strategies to evaluate their company in such areas as management vision, finance, marketing, human resources, operations, and information technology.
Strategic Performance Retreats – Strategic Performance Retreats assist companies in strategic planning and positioning to help them gain long-term competitive advantage.
- Need financing to grow your business, launch a new product or get through a rough patch?
- Wondering how to analyze your company’s financial records and improve your overall financial position?
- Need to better manage inventory, receivables, cash flow?
How to fund your business? – Our Capital Opportunities for Small Business guide is the most comprehensive financing resource describing all the funding options, available to North Carolina companies. This continuously updated 135-page guide also has contact information to learn more about each funding opportunity.
ProfitCents - SBTDC counselors have access to ProfitCents, a program which produces financial reports and projections, to help you optimize your financial decisions.
- Want to update your business knowledge, identify new opportunities and make new contacts?
We offer a wide range of business seminars across the state on a regular basis. Learn what seminars are being offered and how to register.
Learn from the experts without leaving your home. Check out our schedule, archived workshops, how to register and more.
We have been helping people like you grow businesses for 24 years. Based our experiences we put together a list of useful Websites to further assist you in growing your business.