- Start with the End in Mind Jun 1, 2017 By John Ujvari, SBIR Program Specialist, NC SBTDC
With summer right around the corner, vacation is on most of our minds. Let’s use the idea of vacation planning and how that relates to developing an SBIR/STTR proposal. When the first day of vacation finally arrives, you are excited to hop in the car or ... Read more »
- STTR Awardee Highlight: Clinical Sensors Awarded Over $1.5M in NIH Grants to Advance Nitric Oxide Diagnostic for Sepsis Jun 1, 2017 By Barry Teater, NCBiotech Writer
Clinical Sensors Inc., a small diagnostic device company in Research Triangle Park, has won two grants totaling more than $1.5 million from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to support the development of its point-of-care device that measures a patient’s blood nitric oxide level within a few seconds.
Early and rapid recognition ... Read more »
- Raising a Technology from Birth Mar 14, 2017
By: John Ujvari, SBIR Program Specialist, NC SBTDC
Akin to raising a child, building a business around a commercializable technology is a long, stressful, although mostly exhilarating process. The day you start your business may be of your most memorable experiences. The horizon appears limitless and your dreams abound. Challenges, however, arise. The first money into ... Read more »
- TIBBETTS AWARD GOES TO MORRISVILLE BASED ATTAGENE Jan 20, 2017 MORRISVILLE, NC- ATTAGENE, a Research Triangle Park-based life science company, has received the prestigious Tibbetts Award from the U.S. Small Business Administration. According to the U.S. SBA, the Tibbetts Award honors Small Business Innovation Research program participants “that have created a significant economic or social impact through the use of SBIR funding and are considered ... Read more »
- Gain Insights from Previous SBIR/STTR Awards Nov 7, 2016 By: John Ujvari, SBIR Program Specialist, NC SBTDC
No matter if you are new to the SBIR/STTR programs or a veteran, there are a number of pre-submission homework assignments that should be carried out as you develop a Phase 1 proposal. The SBA’s SBIR/STTR website, SBIR.gov, offers various tools to confirm agencies’ interests. Let’s walk through ... Read more »
- Letters of Support Sep 30, 2016 By John Ujvari, SBIR Program Specialist, NC SBTDC
An often underutilized approach to build instant credibility with SBIR / STTR proposal reviewers is to include relevant letters of support. NIH, for example, offers proposers the opportunity to submit up to three letters of support with your application package. Below, we discuss who these letters should come ... Read more »
- Notice of Proposed Amendments to SBIR and STTR Policy Directives May 24, 2016 ACTION: Notice of Proposed Amendments to SBIR and STTR Policy Directives. April 7, 2016.
The Small Business Administration is proposing to revise the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) program Policy Directives to combine the two directives into one document; the proposed rule will also clarify the data rights and Phase III ... Read more »
- SBIR/STTR – Know the “Competition” Before You Apply Mar 17, 2016 In business, it is of utmost importance to understand who/what your competition is before you launch a product. The same is true as you consider submitting a proposal for an SBIR/STTR grant or contract. Although it is not possible to identify the specific proposals that your submission will be in competition with, it is possible ... Read more »