Making Your Business Better
The SBTDC service center in Charlotte is located on the UNC Charlotte campus. Our experienced business advisory team offers confidential, in-depth business counseling to mid-sized company business owners and management staff. We routinely assist our clients with developing and implementing viable strategies that enhance their competitive advantage and success in the marketplace.
We help our clients:
- assess and benchmark current profitability and organizational effectiveness.
- identify market opportunities from customer profiling, competitive analysis, and industry research.
- develop and implement short-term and long-term business strategies.
- link business strategies to workplace learning and performance.
- measure and monitor progress toward profitability and organizational effectiveness.
- identify new government contracting opportunities; assist in obtaining qualified subcontractors; and reviewing proposals/bids before submission.
How to Begin
If our services will help your business grow and succeed, you’re ready to begin working with us. Please complete our electronic request for counseling.
If you are not currently in business, please download the SBTDC’s Business Startup & Resource Guide, which has seven sections with questions, worksheets and online resources to help you start the right way.
The thing about the SBTDC is that I’m never actively looking for these opportunities, but my counselor comes to me and says, “what do you need now?” and offers these students, or interns, or a workshop, or whatever will help us at that moment. We’ve seen a 20% increase in sales and the addition of seven employees. The biggest benchmark, however, was getting to a point where Calibration Solutions was big enough and attractive enough to buy.
H&H Farm Machinery
H&H has grown significantly with doubled revenue growth and the addition of 10 new employees to make a total of 18…. We’re ready to continue expanding but we’re working with the SBTDC on planning that growth to make sure it is controlled growth.