Learn from Experienced Investors & Entrepreneurs
Are YOU an investor-ready entrepreneur?
Raising equity capital is challenging at best. Becoming an Investor-Ready Entrepreneur (IRE) is designed to educate and prepare growth-oriented entrepreneurs to successfully engage private equity investors. This full day program was developed by experienced entrepreneurs, angel investors, angel networks/fund executives and venture capitalists, and provides an “insider’s look” into the world of equity funding. By viewing investors as “customers of equity”, entrepreneurs can reduce barriers to funding, navigate the process more easily, and increase the chances of obtaining funding.
- Learn what investors look for and expect from the companies they fund
- Understand the private equity investment process and terminology
- Find out how investors really approach valuation and deal structure (including cap tables and term sheets)
- Learn how to make your company “investor-ready” (and improve your business while you’re at it)
- Hear from those who’ve “done it”. Panelists include serial entrepreneurs and angel investors who’ve “been there”.
- Receive a comprehensive workbook, ongoing counseling support and access to additional online resources
- Save countless hours and enhance your chances of successfully raising equity capital
The list of experienced investors and entrepreneurs who have lead this Investor-Ready Entrepreneur in the past include:
- Tim Janke, SBTDC / IMAF
investor & early stage fund executive
How to Register
The Becoming an Investor-Ready Entrepreneur registration fee is $295; however, you are eligible for a special scholarship rate of $95 courtesy of our state and local sponsors.
Remember to select your sponsor/partner to get the $95 rate.
Space is limited, so registrations are being accepted on a first come, first served basis.
Cancellation and refund requests will be honored until 5 PM on September 16, 2015. Check payments should be received by the SBTDC on or before September 16, 2015 to maintain registered status.
What Entrepreneurs Say...
"I learned more about the equity investment process, procedures, what is truly valued and expected in one day than I have in several months stumbling through the process."
"I wanted to let you know that I personally loved the course the other day. I have been to many Merger-Acquisition Courses and Forums etc. But, your guest panel was amazing and very interesting. I felt that every time [they] spoke they were giving it to us straight and not just the textbook response. You made it fun. That’s not easy, especially when everyone in the room is hoping that you are going to give them the magical key to their success."
See what other entrepreneurs say...