Description of primary duties and responsibilities::
The Technology Commercialization (Tech) counselor is responsible for providing appropriate support, advice and referrals to clients relating to business needs and challenges of their business in the areas of technology transfer, intellectual property, technology commercialization and product development. The Tech counselor routinely advises clients on developing business plans, commercialization plans and evaluating technologies, markets and team required to move ideas from concept to commercial product launch.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required for this Position:
• Broad general knowledge of the principles and practices of business is required. This is a professional level business consulting position, requiring extensive knowledge of current business management principles, in-depth understanding of financial analysis, outstanding written and oral communications skills, fundamental understanding of consulting and counseling techniques and discipline, basic business research capabilities, and knowledge of business and economic trends.
• Highly desired will be direct entrepreneurial experience, change management leadership, and fundamental understanding of debt and equity capital relevant to small-to-mid size businesses.
• Knowledge of technology transfer, intellectual property, technology development and product development.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must have the ability to handle multiple assignments, organize work and establish priorities with minimal supervision.
• Additional training experience.
Minimum Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience related to the area of assignment; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
• Five years of relevant work experience.
• Working knowledge of financial plans, funding proposals and funding resources, specifically SBIR/STTR R&D funding programs.
Learn more and apply online: