- The Small Business and Technology Development Center (SBTDC), a statewide university-based business development service, is seeking a Small Business Counselor.
- This position, based in Boone through Appalachian State University’s SBTDC Regional Service Center, will provide business management counseling services to businesses and entrepreneurs.
- This position will identify needs, design & deliver a collaborative business development program to targeted companies in areas of product/process value enhancement, market expansion, financial structure, and general business enhancement.
- This position is based in Boone and serves 14 counties.
Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience related to the area of assignment; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required for Position:
- Candidates must have thorough familiarity with principles & practices of business management, including finance and accounting, and should be broadly familiar with current manufacturing issues and new product development.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are also required.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, organize work and establish priorities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to train others.
Learn more and apply online: