Description: The Assistant Director supports SBTDC Field Operations by managing data and work processes that contribute to a client-focused, high performance culture. The Assistant Director consults with and advises Center Directors, Program Directors and counseling staff regarding interpretation and consistency of operating policies with national accreditation standards; documents and provides guidance to field staff on reapplication of counseling/case management tools and current best practices; and manages the identification of opportunities to improve services, processes, organizational effectiveness and customer outcomes, and leads planning and implementation of improvement projects.
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Leads key process system owners and process work groups in regular reviews to analyze and improve system performance and alignment with customer requirements.
- Manages field support related to the CenterIC client management system (CMS). Functions as System Owner and/or subject matter expert (SME) for CenterIC client management system tools.
- Actively participates in the center and program review process to ensure programmatic performance and quality of service delivery
- Manages selection and analysis of comparative data required to meet national accreditation standards; recommends and plans for improvement projects.
- Serves as a standing member of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Committee leadership.
- Consults with the Deputy State Director on Strategic Plan management, tracking and reporting.
- This position requires frequent travel to facilitate collaborative relationships with Regional Service Center and specialty program staff statewide.
Minimum Qualifications: Master’s degree; or Bachelor’s degree in a business or engineering related discipline and four years of related experience.
Departmental Required Skills:
- Knowledge and understanding of business advisory best practices.
- Ability to interpret federal and state program guidelines and national accreditation standards and manage program compliance.
- Ability to provide advice, counsel and coaching to field staff on best practice reapplication and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis and statistical methods.
- Strong interpersonal skills to facilitate collaborative relationships with Regional Service Center and specialty program staff statewide.
Preferred Education and Experience: Masters degree in Business or related field is a plus.
Learn more and apply online: